Bought a Single Family home in 2014 in San Marcos, CA.
I was introduce to Mr. Simantel by a friend of a friend. To everyone that is doing business with him, and is acting as the Realtor and Loan Officer be weary. In my situation I felt that he was acting on his own interest and not mine, and after extensive research after the process. I am having buyers remorse. I have overpaid on my house by 20,000. Lesson learned, I would never use him again. Per him, he states that my house is going to go up. But do not trust him.
I would not hesitate to recommend Brian. As first time home buyers this was our first experience dealing in the mortgage/relator world but I know Brian is a superstar for because:
1) He has integrity and builds his business on that fact. He was up front and honest with us throughout the whole process. When we found a better product than what he could offer us as a broker he told us. He doesn't require you to sign a contract with him. If you aren't happy you can break the relationship.
2) Extremely knowledgeable not only about the housing market and San Diego neighborhoods, being a San Diego native himself, but also about all aspects of the real estate industry. Being a broker he knows about loans and will use his expertise to help guide you through the process and answer any questions.
3) He was unbiased. While he would always point out concerns or bonuses about a property, he was professional about letting us make the decision.
4) Responsive and hard working!! He always would return emails and phone calls promptly even on weekends or when he was supposed to be "off." This is very valuable when trying to get an offer in or set up a showing. He also made sure we had names of industry people to get quotes for repairs before the deal was done.
5) He negotiated well. We ended up paying more for the property than we hoped which made my husband not as satisfied. However, I recognize that Brian was willing to go above and beyond to make the deal work with a difficult seller. He threw in money to pay for termite repair as well as paid for the washer and dryer to stay.
5 big reasons that you want Brian to be on your side!
Sold a Single Family home in 2014 for approximately $550K in San Marcos, CA.
Brian is a hard-working, knowledgeable agent and a superb negotiator. He helped us get top dollar for our house, and he negotiated several issues to a favorable outcome. He was also extremely responsive to our calls and questions. We would recommend him to anyone selling a house in San Diego County, especially the north county area.
When I was first referred to Brian I thought the company name "Superb" mortgage was a little bold. After working with Brian to do a shortsale of our house and now purchase a new home I can say that Brian works hard to provide a truly superb experience.
Brian did a shortsale for us in 2010. Since we were loosing our home and looking for a new place we did not want to be very involved. Brian met with us a few times and took care of everything. He worked out the shortsale with the lender and got our house on the market, shown to people and sold with very little inconvenience to us. He even took care of some last minute expenses when we left the garage full of junk and could not bring ourselves to go back to the house we were loosing.
In 2013 we went back to Brian to purchase a home. He told us exactly what we needed to have ready for him and had us pre-approved and out looking at houses within days. He was very responsive to emails and calls and using electronic signatures we were able to do the offer, counter offers and get into escrow within a day. Throughout the escrow Brian was on top of all of the details, when he noticed issues in the disclosures he was concerned about for us he got a local contractor to come inspect the AC system, provide and opinion on it's state and estimates if we want to have work done.
Brian also handled the mortgage and found us a great loan that ended up covering all of our closing costs except for the FHA down payment and a few hundred dollars. When he noticed some issues related to the earlier shortsale he gave us a heads up early on, helped us work them out and provided a couple backup plans just in case.
I will absolutely recommend Brian to anyone I know looking to buy or sell in the San Diego area.
Sold a Single Family home in 2013 for approximately $625K in Rancho Penasquitos, San Diego, CA.
Brian is excellent, and we would recommend him in a heartbeat. He is incredibly knowledgeable about all aspects of buying, selling, and lending. He was always one step ahead of us and really thought about every detail of the transaction. He handled any issues that came up with ease, and always had a solution prepared. Brian is also an excellent negotiator, getting us our asking price for the home we sold and a great price on the home we bought. We would not hesitate to use Brian again, and we would absolutely recommend his services.