About Prudential Paul Ford
The mission of the Prudential Paul Ford, REALTORS is that of helping people meet their real estate needs in the Lehigh Valley area and Phillipsburg area through our facilities, and our people; those representing a highly professional real estate company, respected in the community.
The Paul Ford Agency has had its roots in the Easton Area since 1910. In that year, Stanley Howell and Paul Thomas entered the real estate business in the thriving community of Easton, Pennsylvania. About the time of the First World War Stanley Howell took control of the partnership and continued on his own.
He added insurance and appraisals to his activities, hired two salespeople, and survived the depression and the Second World War. As a family man with high principles, he created a business that was known for fair and honest dealings.
During the depression, Mr. Howell befriended a young life insurance salesman, Paul F. Ford. Paul Ford and Stanley Howell worked closely together for many years. When Howell died in 1945, his widow offered the business to Ford, who later changed the name of the business to the PAUL FORD AGENCY. By the mid 50's, the Paul Ford Agency was recognized as a company with integrity, high standards, and a reputation for caring about its clients.
Paul F. Ford's son, Paul M. Ford, joined the company in 1955 and took a strong interest in real estate, assuming leadership roles in the state and local real estate associations, as well as various community organizations. He became president of the company in 1971 upon the retirement of his father, negotiated a contract with the international Gallery of Homes for exclusive local representation, and developed the company to its present size of twenty five people, with real estate sales of approximately twenty million dollars annually. In 1993 Paul Ford became Chairman of the company and Clay Mitman assumed the Presidency as well as an ownership interest. In 1996 Clay Mitman became sole owner, and John Rapp was promoted to vice-president.
In early 1989, the company announced that it had been selected by the Prudential Real Estate Affiliates (PREA) as their representative in the Easton area, and the company became the Prudential Paul Ford Realtors. Paul Ford called it "one of the most significant developments in the 79 year history of the company". PREA is a division of the Prudential Insurance Company and is designed to provide modern real estate technology and support services to its franchisees. Its headquarters are in Costa Mesa, California with a regional support center located near King of Prussia, Pennsylvania. It's national network consists of over 1,200 offices. It also has international affiliations.
In 1992, the company was selected out of 13 local business nominees as the annual winner of the Two Rivers Chamber of Commerce Business Excellence Award. It is the only real estate company to ever receive this award.
Today the company occupies a modern 3,300 sq. ft. office facility on a site that is visible from Route 22 and is convenient to both legal and banking facilities in downtown Historic Easton. It has a full service relocation and referral contact section and a relocation corporate contact section, which supports an aggressive real estate brokerage operation plus a certified appraisal department and an insurance department.
The growth of the Prudential Paul Ford Realtors has been significant over the years, yet its potential for the future is even greater than its past. With a staff of specialists, many having earned professional designations, it is poised to move ahead strongly into the next century ready to take advantage of the real estate opportunities that lie ahead.