Profile picture for JoEllen Ufner - ABR,GRI,SFR

JoEllen Ufner - ABR,GRI,SFR's Advice

Contributions are sorted newest to oldest.

  • 338 Contributions
  • 2 Best Answers
  • 35 Helpful

JoEllen Ufner - ABR,GRI,SFR wrote:

On the Market 50 Days and ~70 Showings, 5 Second Showings without an Offer!

Answer
In my epxerience 70 showings, 5 2nd showings an dno 2nd offers tell me that your home or area is in dmenad but there is something about your home people don't like.....after each showing are you receiving feedback from the agents and or buyers?  That is key what are the buyers saying......I send out feedback forms after each showing and call after each 2nd showing to secure a written offer.  If this is not happening I would encourgae you to push for this data before you decide on next steps....best of luck
March 31
(0)

tv wall mount in kitchen

Answer
In my experience having counter space rules....so either remove the TV or wall mount it on the wall.....best of luck
March 31
(0)

Getting 100 Year Old House Ready to Sell

Answer
If it were my home the 1st thing I would do is have a local real estae professional come and see my house to give me a value "as is" and  value if repaired.......real estate agents normally have relationships with roofers, handymen, painters, etc...some contractors will accept payment form the closing proceeds.......that is where I would start and know you have payment options with the right contractor and a real estate professional vouching for you will help...best o fluck
March 31
(0)

what does make me move mean ?

Answer
Make me move =seller is saying offer me enough money and I will move
March 24
(0)

I want to know the value of my home so I can sell it

Answer
I would suggest researching agents in your area and then aksing them to see your home then perform a market analysis...best of luck
March 24
(0)

Home on market for a month no showings how can we draw buyers to look?

Answer
What does your real estate professional advise?  What have they told you why no showings?  Have the called the other agents with listings in your neighborhood to ask if they are having showings? 
March 24
(0)

should I wait until summer to sell my house for a better sales price or sell in the winter?

Answer
It depends on your market.....if you live in a seasonable market (ski resort or winter get away) than wait for the high season to sell, in my experience....best of luck
March 24
(0)

Is there a once and a lifetime exemption on Capital Gain Taxes

Answer
would suggest calling your accountant.  In general depeding on your situation; if you lived in the home 2 out of the past 5 years the gain should not taxable up to $250K if single...GENERALLY!  You must confirm with your accountant based upon your situation
March 24
(1)

3 months still on market

Answer
Woow.  In my epxerience I would ask for a list of all showings and the feedback.  I would start pushing my agent hard....what is the marketing plan?...heir professional opinion why isn't it selling?  what would you do differently?  If I renew the listing contract what would you do differently (indirectly saying you may not be renewing, light a fire)  In the meantime I would look for agents who have sold homes in your area and ask them to give you a marketing plan along with a suggested list price and an epxlanation as to why that price. This will hlep you decide if you want to leave your agent what other agents have to offer.......
March 24
(1)