Thanks for the responses, it appears that it all depends on case by case basis on how each one deals with and does not seem like there is any established enforcement practice.Bascially once a house is closed the motivation to get things done quickly wanes and the only way seems for homebuyers is to hold back some of the money somehow.Alternatively, dont close until all the things are in place.
Anyone faced a situation where a house has been closed and there are pending things to be done and per the agreement the seller has 30 days to complete the work however he does not and delays it.Is the seller in violation of the contract and if so what are the penalties that a buyer can levy.Any thoughts would be helpful.
I bought a home and its almost done and should be available in 3-4 weeks (closing). Prior to that I am looking for an experienced, certified and professional inspector who can help me with the walk-thru to point out all the standards, deviations and gaps that exist due to builders ignorance or omission.Anyone has any experience hiring someone in Naperville area, should have experience inspecting large custom homes, if so appreciate details.thanks
Thanks for the feedback and unfortunately, I realized all this after signing the contract. So, upon speaking to the relevant people, all I can do is keep my fingers crossed and wait for the end product to live upto my expectations and the worry is what if it does not live upto my expecations and how do I fight it.
Is it adivsable to go with a reputed builder such as TollB, Pulte etc or is it worthwhile to go with a small time unknown local builder ?I am in a strange situation where I saw a nexus between a realtor from a reputed real estate agency who works offside with a small time builder for commissions and leaves the purchaser at the mercy of the builder when it comes to negotiations or protecting the purchasers interests.After the spending a few months of ups and downs with the builder, hindsight, it appears that this builder has very ambigious way of dealing and is not upfront in laying out what is standard and what is not and in the process one ends up with huge list of upgrades thus increasing the costs. Upon approaching the realtor it apperas she wants to stay away from the deal.I was wondering if there is any recourse of better way of dealing with this situation.