As regional manager and principal with LandVest, Terry Sortwell
manages the sale of distinctive coastal properties from Boothbay to the Blue Hill Peninsula (including the islands of Penobscot Bay and Muscongus Bay). Terry is a skilled negotiator and an experienced broker with a high level of knowledge about Maine coast real estate. Terry specializes in complex properties, such as those with conservation easements, zoning or deed restrictions, sensitive environmental issues, and multigenerational ownership.
Terry has achieved notable sales in the region for such clients as The Nature Conservancy, Harvard Management Company, Johns Hopkins University, Fiduciary Trust Company, Bank of America, and many families and individuals. With sales totaling over $200,000,000 to date, Terry was LandVest's top producer in 2003 and has completed a number of record sales along the Maine coast.
Click link to view the latest Midcoast Maine Real Estate Market Report
- Caldwell Island, Port Clyde. List Price: $4,900,000. Record sale for Muscongus Bay.
- Kelmscott Farm, Lincolnville. List Price: $2,500,000. Record sale for Lincolnville.
- Captain Davis House, Cushing $2,250,000. Record sale for Cushing.
- Seal Island, Islesboro. List Price: $3,500,000. Record sale for an island in its entirety.
- Evergreen Estate, Greenville. List Price: $5,400,000. Record sale for Greenville.
- Point Lookout, Northport. List Price: $26,400,000. Record sale for the Mid-Coast region.
- Orcutt Harbor, South Brooksville. List Price: $4,300,000. Record sale for Brooksville.
- Fox Islands Thorofare, North Haven. List Price: $1,875,000.
- Felsted, Deer Isle. List Price: $2,100,000. Record sale for Deer Isle.
- Crabtree Point, North Haven. List Price: $2,750,000.
- Rockport Harbor Estate, Rockport. List Price: $3,950,000.
- The Mitchell Cottage, Islesboro. List Price: $5,950,000. Record sale for Islesboro.
- Northeast Point, Camden. List Price: $6,750,000. Record residential sale for the Mid-Coast region.
- Weatherend, Rockport. List Price: $6,500,000. Record sale for Rockport.
- Stimpson Island, North Haven. List Price: $3,500,000.
Prior Experience and Activities: Terry has been a real estate broker since 1984 and joined LandVest in 1994 when he established LandVest's Camden office. Terry's family ties to Maine date back to the founding of the town of Wiscasset, and while growing up he spent his summers cruising the Maine coast. Terry moved to Camden in 1979 with his wife, Melinda. They have two grown children. He is an avid tennis player and a capable seaman with extensive experience exploring (for work and for pleasure) the waters of coastal Maine. His 38-foot Holland lobster yacht enables him to reach and showcase island and waterfront properties with ease.
Education: St. Paul's School and Rutgers University