user9125245's Advice

Contributions are sorted newest to oldest.

  • 13 Contributions
  • 0 Best Answers
  • 1 Helpful

user9125245 wrote:

Is there anything else my Arizona agent can do?

Response
Thanks, sisters. Your feedback has been more than helpful.My plan is to get a number of ducks in a row all at the same time for maximum impact: ultra clean/fresh house (using a high end cleaning crew coming out today), staging the house today and tomorrow, insisting that our realtor get professional pics (that make take a week or more -- hopefully not), re-write the description, possibly lower the price (want to get feedback from the realtors on tour first), offer some type of bonus/concession, and have all this happen within 24-48 hours of each other.We did this in September -- got all our ducks ready (sorry for the duck analogy!), and we had 7 showings within 48 hours and 2 offers. That's when it was FSBO.You know, I was hesitant about signing up with this gal when I viewed her realtor's site and saw the pics of one of her houses. I even told my husband I wasn't going to go with someone who took worse pics than I did, but then signed with her anyway out of a sense of loyalty. 
October 22 2013
(0)

Is there anything else my Arizona agent can do?

Response
Thanks for the feedback.In answer to your questions, this agent was recommended to me by a business acquaintance. I'm not sure if it's just because the belong to the same networking group, or what. I hired her more out of loyalty since she had come to our home about 18 months ago when we were tentatively thinking of selling.Our listing appears on MLS, Trulia, Realtor.com, and Zillow.She put our house in for a tour this Thursday and I thought it was a for sure thing, but come to find out, it's not. It won't be confirmed  until Wednesday but I didn't know that until yesterday. In the meantime, I've hired a designer to stage our home and paid a pricey cleaning team to get the house in perfect shape.I think another week is about as long as I'm willing to let this go before I talk with her about ending our relationship and/or talk with her broker. I know that she can sell houses -- at least she has mentioned selling a couple on Facebook. She knows our circumstances, acts very concerned, but I've been more proactive than she.
October 21 2013
(0)

Is there anything else my Arizona agent can do?

Response
Thanks for the feedback. I'm looking into getting new photos done myself. Is this typically something the seller pays for? The pricing is a little confusing. When we first listed as a FSBO, we set the price at 316K. It was a little higher than the lowest comp (300K) and the house next to us was listed at 350. (That house ended up selling to the people currently renting it and I don't know the actual selling price.)When the first sale fell through, the comps had gone up. This time the range was 310-325. That's why we raised the price.This is turning into a nightmare. My husband has been living in Texas since August and I'm doing the single mom thing. I know that many realtors are very good at marketing and aggressive as well, but it looks like I'm stuck until mid-December with this one.I'm working on an email with a list of things I want her to do. There have never been any flyers in our For Sale sign -- she says she printed some and then handed them all out. She's a kind person and I really believe she means well, but with our current circumstances, I'm afraid we need something more. 
October 21 2013
(0)
Is there anything else my Arizona agent can do?
We worked hard to sell our home as a FSBO in mid-August through September and sold it. However, the buyer's agent hadn't done any due diligence and once we went into escrow it quickly became apparent that the buyer wasn't going to qualify for any financing.We decided to list with an agent, and our comps had gone up by at least 15K. Since listing almost a month ago, we've had a single showing. This coming Thursday, a group of realtors will come through our home on a tour, and our realtor has said that should give us some good feedback.But when I was working HARD on our FSBO, we had almost 20 showings and 2 offers. I realize that October is a different selling season, or at least that's what she says, but it seems like she's been content to get our home on MLS, take some photos, and then just sit and wait. Oh, and her mom told the doctors that she works with about our home for sale. Just in case one of them might be interested.We have stained concrete floors throughout most of the house and brand new carpeting in the 3 bedrooms. Our realtor wants us to offer some sort of concession, saying that our floors are likely why the house hasn't sold. She's very discouraging, for the most part. We're willing to make a small concession, 5K or so, but we're getting impatient.Other than MLS, photos, and this home tour, is there anything else our agent can do to be more proactive? Is selling a home just about getting on MLS and then sitting back and waiting?Our realtor is a very nice lady but from some of her Facebook postings it seems that she is more actively marketing her other listings. Ours seems dead in the water.Here is our home, http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/7754-W-Caribbean-Ln-Peoria-AZ-85381/7910035_zpid/
October 20 2013
(0)
Interested in house listed by owner/broker
We are moving to another city and do not know any realtors there. However, a home we really like on realtor.com and here on Zillow mentions that the home is owned by a broker.Should we try to get a referral for an agent to represent us or contact this broker directly?
September 17 2013
(0)
I'm the seller and am feeling as though I have no rights
(Our home was a FSBO, but I've hired an agent on an hourly basis to help us with final negotiations and the closing process.)As the seller, I am feeling very insecure. From what I've read here on this forum and from my agent, I feel as though the buyer is the favored party in this transaction. She can pretty much cancel at any time. If we do not take care of any or all issues that might be uncovered upon Inspection, she can cancel, get her earnest money back, and we have to put our home back on the market, having lost 3-4 weeks of selling time.From what I've learned, the only rights we have is accepting or not accepting an offer and fixing or not fixing an issue with the home -- in both cases risking the loss of the sale.Already we're paying 1.5% on closing costs and in spite of being told at the beginning that it was a cash offer, it turned out not to be true and now we have to wait until October 25, for closing. The buyers hadn't even started the loan process -- paying 100K down and financing the other 200K. We were told that the 200K would have to come from overseas, thus the financing. My husband is living and working in Texas, so we were hoping for a quick closing date.I got our realtor involved just prior to receiving this offer, so she is aware of all the details.I guess this is more of a rant, but is my understanding of the seller's rights correct?
September 15 2013
(0)

Where should I advertise to get more activity?

Response
One realtor I spoke with said she is very active on real estate Pinterest boards. I didn't try that myself and we ended up not listing with her, but that's a possibility.I agree that you should create a website and be sure to put the url on your For Sale sign. Don't bother including "www" -- at least for us, that made the sign too long, so we used the domain name only.Have you thought of posting flyers wherever you can around your general area? Lots of smaller businesses have community bulletin boards. Also consider dropping off your flyers at real estate offices.
September 13 2013
(1)
"SOLD" sign
Just curious. At what point do you typically put "SOLD" on a For Sale sign? The day the contract is signed? After the home inspection?
September 13 2013
(0)
Short-term rental options
On a few threads I've noticed realtors mention short-term rentals. Other than one of those extended stay hotels, what other options to I have? We have pets.
September 08 2013
(0)
How long should it take for buyer to get loan?
A buyer and I agreed upon a price for our FSBO, but he needs to get financing. He went to his lender last Thursday and told me 2 days later that he had given them all the paperwork requested but didn't know how long the process would take.We're still showing the house and are willing to take backup offers. About how long does the process take from initial loan application to confirmation of loan?
September 07 2013
(0)