Zillow Research Collaboration Program
Zillow has worked with a plethora of institutions, providing housing market data for financial, economic, and other research purposes. The Zillow Research Collaboration Program has been created to enable prospective collaborators to learn more about the data assets Zillow has to offer and readily access the data they need. Generally, our collaboration program is intended for academic use, but other parties are invited to contact Zillow for research or data needs.
What are the requirements for using Zillow data?
- Acknowledgement of Zillow in any published research using the data
- Permission to describe the research on the Zillow Research Collaborations page of our website
- A hyperlink from a public web page operated by the researcher’s institution linking to either Zillow or Zillow Research
What data is available?
- Aggregate Data
- Time series data on home values (and values by property type, tier, size) on state, metro, city, ZIP, neighborhood level
- For larger data sets, place a data request here.
- ZHVI on national level by ZIP code
- Negative equity on metro level
- Amortized loan request and loan quote mortgage data from Zillow Mortgage Marketplace
Looking for something else? Send us a message and let us know what you’re looking for.