Be Prepared - Moving Tips
“Be Prepared.” It is a slogan that can be applied to almost every moving day. Here is a checklist of some items you should have on hand.
• Paperwork – If you are using a moving company or renting a truck, keep a copy of the contract with you.
• Directions – Perhaps you are caravanning with friends to the new place. It is easier to hand out printed directions than explain it multiple times.
• Mobile Phone and Charger – A fully-charged mobile phone is a must.
• Numbers – Your address book, phone book or a list of important contacts is a good idea.
• Money – If you are tipping movers, you will need cash. It is also good for incidentals, such as paying for lunch.
• Extra Supplies – A few extra boxes, tape, tissue paper and scissors can be a lifesaver for those last minute items. Plastic bins will also do the trick.
• Cleaning Items – You should give your “old place” a good once over if you did not have time the night before. A broom, dust cloth, paper towels and a general cleaning agent should do the job.
• Tricks of the Trade – If your children are with you on moving day have some things to keep them occupied. Books, art supplies, cards and snacks are good ideas.
• For Fido – Have your pet needs at the ready.
• Personal Necessities – You want to keep careful track of your purse, wallet, keys, phone and medications on moving day. Losing any of these items could make a long moving day that much longer.
- Last edited May 19 2008
We will review this content. Thanks for helping make the site more useful to everyone. To learn more, read Zillow's Good Neighbor Policy.