Be Prepared - Moving Tips
“Be Prepared.” It is a slogan that can be applied to almost every moving day. Here is a checklist of some items you should have on hand.
• Paperwork – If you are using a moving company or renting a truck, keep a copy of the contract with you.
• Directions – Perhaps you are caravanning with friends to the new place. It is easier to hand out printed directions than explain it multiple times.
• Mobile Phone and Charger – A fully-charged mobile phone is a must.
• Numbers – Your address book, phone book or a list of important contacts is a good idea.
• Money – If you are tipping movers, you will need cash. It is also good for incidentals, such as paying for lunch.
• Extra Supplies – A few extra boxes, tape, tissue paper and scissors can be a lifesaver for those last minute items. Plastic bins will also do the trick.
• Cleaning Items – You should give your “old place” a good once over if you did not have time the night before. A broom, dust cloth, paper towels and a general cleaning agent should do the job.
• Tricks of the Trade – If your children are with you on moving day have some things to keep them occupied. Books, art supplies, cards and snacks are good ideas.
• For Fido – Have your pet needs at the ready.
• Personal Necessities – You want to keep careful track of your purse, wallet, keys, phone and medications on moving day. Losing any of these items could make a long moving day that much longer.
- Flag content
Stating a discriminatory preference in an advertisement for housing is illegal. If you think this content is discriminatory or otherwise inappropriate and feel it should be removed from Zillow, please let us know by completing the information above.Close
- Content flagged
We will review this content. Thanks for helping make the site more useful to everyone. To learn more, read Zillow's Good Neighbor Policy.
- We're Sorry
- This service is temporarily unavailable. Please come back later and try again.