How To Stage A Home For Sale
Staging your home for sale is very important if you want to sell it quickly and get more of your money in a slow housing market. Home staging is not decorating. The idea of staging home is to make your home look like more valuable and more likable for buyers. It does not need a lot of money to do it. A little effort with very small amount of the money can bring back a very good return. Some said it could raise your selling price 5 to 20%.
Here are some tips on how to stage your home for sale:
1. Clean your front yard, mow the lawn, and grow some flowers or set out some plants. This will not cost you much. What your potential buyers can see first is the front yard. The first impression is very important to make buyer wants to get into the house to see more.
2. Clean the front door. Paint and fix it if needed. This is the second thing a buyer will see before the buyer gets into your home.
3. Let the light into each room. Always leave the curtains and blinds wide open.
4. Put nice air fresher to make the home smell nice. Place the air fresher in each room. Do not forget to replace the air filters. A bad smell will definitely turn your buyer off.
5. Remove all the junk and unwanted items from each room including closet. De-clutter your house. Clutter makes your house much smaller.
6. Steam-wash your carpet and keep the house clean.
7. Clean each room. Nothing will be worse than a filthy bathroom and dirty kitchen.
8. Pay close attention to your kitchen. Some very small changes can make the kitchen make nicer, for example, such as replacing the counter with a new one. It doesn't cost too much, but it definitely will make the house worth much more. Other small things you can do that will not cost too much include replacing an old sink and faucet and maybe add new hardware to the cabinets.
9. Remove all the family pictures from your house so the buyer can imagine this home as his/hers, not yours.
10. Fix up your bedroom. Put away your clothes, remove clothes from an overstuffed closet and make sure all of your personal belongings are put away.
- Flag content
Stating a discriminatory preference in an advertisement for housing is illegal. If you think this content is discriminatory or otherwise inappropriate and feel it should be removed from Zillow, please let us know by completing the information above.Close
- Content flagged
We will review this content. Thanks for helping make the site more useful to everyone. To learn more, read Zillow's Good Neighbor Policy.
- We're Sorry
- This service is temporarily unavailable. Please come back later and try again.