IDX -"Internet Data Exchange"
Commonly called Broker Reciprocity. IDX gives MLS Participants the tool they need to display each others' listings on their Internet websites. Under the IDX system, brokers exchange consent to display each others listings on the Internet.
Top 8 advantages of IDX real estate system:
1. All REALTOR members become empowered to deal with the real estate consumer of the future.
2. Members can fully market their services on the Internet.
3. Members can take advantage of the data brokers have contributed to the system.
4. Members can obtain and maintain first contact with the consumer in the real estate transaction.
5. Brokerage Web sites can become the best source of listing data and compete with other popular sites.
6. Participating brokers may display more data fields (like square footage) than many current real estate Web sites are allowed to display.
7. When consumers visit the Web sites of reciprocal brokers, they will stay longer because the brokers have more real estate listing data to offer.
8. As brokers become more innovative in offering on-line real estate services, listing displays will be a critical factor in their success.
* The term REALTOR and the identifying logo are federally registered collective membership marks identifying real estate professionals who are members of the National Association of REALTORS and subscribe to its strict Code of Ethics. Information contributed by Brian Larson, Regional MLS of Minnesota.
- Flag content
Stating a discriminatory preference in an advertisement for housing is illegal. If you think this content is discriminatory or otherwise inappropriate and feel it should be removed from Zillow, please let us know by completing the information above.Close
- Content flagged
We will review this content. Thanks for helping make the site more useful to everyone. To learn more, read Zillow's Good Neighbor Policy.
- We're Sorry
- This service is temporarily unavailable. Please come back later and try again.