Maps and Search
I'm looking for one particular house. I can't find it -- why not?
There are a few possible reasons:
- If a home does not appear on the satellite map, it means we do not cover that area with our aerial maps.We have geographical data for most homes in the U.S., but not all. If you see your home on the map, but no information or icon appears, try entering your address in the search box instead. It could be that we have information on your house but we don't have the location data that allows us to tie that information to the map.
- It's also possible that we are interpreting the location data incorrectly; if your city has an alternate name (e.g., "Hollywood," vs. L.A.) try using that. Or try entering just the ZIP code and then panning around the map area to find the house you're looking for.
- Lastly, the house might be in an area where we simply do not have any data from our data providers. That includes the states of Idaho, Maine, New Hampshire, and South Dakota, and many individual counties. (See our data coverage list.) We update our data all the time, so please check back.
How can I find homes for sale and for rent on Zillow?
Easy. If you're interested in buying a home in a certain neighborhood, you can either:
- Enter the name of the neighborhood and city and state (e.g., "Queen Anne, Seattle, WA"), or
- Enter an actual address and then pan/drag the map around, or
- Enter a ZIP code and zoom in, then pan/drag the map, or
- Any combination of the above
A home is for sale in my neighborhood, but I don't see it on your site? Why?
We only know if a home is for sale if an owner or real estate agent has entered that information on our site manually or through listing feeds.
My neighborhood doesn't seem to be included in the search; why not?
We've identified several neighborhoods in the most populated cities, and we admit that we don't have them all. But we're adding them all the time, so come back.
By Diane Tuman