New Space New Style Sweepstakes
New Space, New Style Sweepstakes
FAQ + Official Rules
Q. How do I enter the sweepstakes?
To enter, simply download the Zillow Mobile app on your iPhone, iPad, or Android Phone, and tap the "enter now" button on the bottom of the screen. Then, register with Zillow and verify that you are at least 18 years old to complete the entry process. Shortly after entering, you will receive a confirmation email to verify that your entry was received successfully.
Q. Why do I need to register to enter the sweepstakes?
Registering provides Zillow with the basic contact information necessary (i.e. a user's name and email address) to contact the lucky winner at the end of the sweepstakes. It also helps us personalize your home shopping experience while on Zillow.
Q. I don't see the "enter now" button on my Zillow Mobile home screen?
If you have previously downloaded the Zillow Mobile app, please update it to make sure you are using the most recent version. After updating, a link to enter the sweepstakes can also be found in the "Settings" section of your phone or iPad.
Q. I have a BlackBerry or Windows phone. Why can't I enter?
The sweepstakes is only on iPhone, iPad, and Android but anyone is invited to enter by mail. To do so, please hand-print your name and contact information and mail it to: "New Space, New Style " Sweepstakes, c/o Dept #585703, P.O. Box 5046, Kalamazoo, MI 49003-5046. Complete details on how to enter by mail can be found in the official rules below.
Q. I already have the Zillow Mobile app on my smartphone. Can I still enter the sweepstakes?
You bet! Existing Zillow Mobile users are eligible to enter the sweepstakes. To do so, launch the Zillow app and tap the "enter now" button at the bottom of the home screen.
Q. Who is eligible to enter? Are any states excluded from the sweepstakes?
The sweepstakes is open to legal residents of all 50 states who are 18 years old and who have registered with Zillow.
Q. I don't have a smartphone. Can I still participate in the sweepstakes?
Yes. Users without a smartphone are invited to hand-print their name and contact information and mail it to: "New Space, New Style " Sweepstakes, c/o Dept #585703, P.O. Box 5046, Kalamazoo, MI 49003-5046. Complete details on how to enter by mail can be found in the official rules.
Q. When does the sweepstakes end?
The New Space, New Style Sweepstakes closes on July 12, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
Q. When will the winner be selected?
The winner will be notified on or around July 25, 2012 and announced publically in early August.
Q. Is there a cash prize available?
No. The winner will receive a merchandise voucher redeemable for up to $50,000 worth of west elm home décor products.
Q. Can I enter the sweepstakes from my desktop computer?
No, this is a mobile-only sweepstakes. To get started, please download the Zillow Mobile app for iPhone, iPad, or Android in the app store here: http://www.zillow.com/mobile/DownloadApp.htm
Q. Can I enter from my Android tablet?
No, the sweepstakes is designed for Android phones only. Alternatively, you may enter from an iPhone or iPad.
New Space, New Style Sweepstakes
By participating in the New Space, New Style Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes"), you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry or the age of majority in entrant's state of residence. IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND ZILLOW, INC. ("SPONSOR") RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZES TO YOU. Employees of Sponsor, Williams-Sonoma Inc., Apple, Inc., Google, Inc., ePrize, LLC ("Administrator"), and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Zillow, Inc., 1301 Second Avenue, Floor 31, Seattle, WA 98101. Administrator: ePrize, LLC, One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069. Williams-Sonoma, Inc., through its brand, West Elm, will provide the prize for the Sweepstakes, but is not involved in the sponsorship, creation, endorsement, execution or administration of the Sweepstakes.
3. Promotion Period: The Sweepstakes begins on June 12, 2012 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on July 12, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). Administrator's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes. Except as otherwise expressly stated below (for mail-in entries), all entries must be received during the Promotion Period to be eligible to win a prize.
4. How to Enter: To participate in the Sweepstakes, you will need a Zillow account ("Zillow Account"). If you don't have a Zillow Account, you may create one free of charge at: www.zillow.com or from any Zillow mobile app. See http://www.zillow.com/mobile for a list of devices on which Zillow mobile apps are currently available. Once you have a Zillow Account, you can enter through either of the following methods:
a. Zillow Mobile App: If you have not done so already, download the free Zillow Real Estate app on your iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device (each, a "Mobile Device"). To enter the Sweepstakes, open the Zillow Real Estate app on your Mobile Device and click on the banner at the bottom of the screen advertising the Sweepstakes. If you are not already logged in to your Zillow Account, you will be prompted to log in or register for a Zillow Account. Once you are logged in to your Zillow Account, you will be prompted to provide certain information in the Sweepstakes registration form (the "Registration Form"). Upon providing the information requested in the Registration Form and clicking the link to enter, you will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
b. Mail-in Method of Entry: To enter without downloading a Zillow mobile app, hand-print your name, address, day and evening phone numbers, and the email address associated with your Zillow Account on a 3" x 5" piece of paper and mail it in an envelope with proper postage to: " New Space, New Style " Sweepstakes, c/o Dept #585703, P.O. Box 5046, Kalamazoo, MI 49003-5046. You will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit: One (1) entry per envelope. All mail-in entries must be handwritten and must be postmarked by July 13, 2012 and received by July 20, 2012. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries, which will be disqualified.
Limit: You may enter one (1) time during the Promotion Period, regardless of method of entry. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register for the Zillow Account will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. Prize Drawing: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Administrator will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winner from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period, on or around July 25, 2012. The potential prize winner will be notified via the email address associated with your Zillow Account. Except where prohibited, the potential prize winner will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release, which must be received by Administrator, within seven (7) calendar days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. Winner is responsible for all federal, state, local, sales and income taxes associated with receipt and/or use of any prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release within the required time period (if applicable), then the potential winner forfeits the prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that the potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the prize to an alternate winner selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only four (4) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
6. Prize: One (1) winner will receive a West Elm merchandise voucher redeemable for up to $50,000 of West Elm products that are currently in stock and available from the West Elm distribution center in West Elm's sole discretion (the "Merchant Certificate"). All applicable sales tax and shipping and processing costs and expenses shall be applied and deducted from the amount of the Merchant Certificate in determining the overall value of the products (i.e., products plus sales tax plus shipping and processing must be less than $50,000). Approximate Retail Value: $50,000. The West Elm Products will only be delivered to an address in the United States. Prize is non-transferable (except to a surviving spouse) and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. The Winner must redeem the total amount on the Merchant Certificate within sixty (60) days after the day on which the winner receives the Merchant Certificate (the "Certificate Period"). The Merchant Certificate will be void, and any unused balance forfeited, after the Certificate Period has ended. WINNER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR REPORTING AND PAYING ALL TAXES AND FEES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, SHIPPING FEES AND ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, SALES AND INCOME TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT AND/OR USE OF THE PRIZE; RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR AND WILL NOT PAY ANY SUCH TAXES OR FEES. Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
7. Release: Sponsor, Williams-Sonoma, Inc., Apple, Inc., Google, Inc., Administrator and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") will not be responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, damaged or misdirected entries and accept no responsibility for any injury, death, loss or damage of any kind resulting from an entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to these Official Rules and waives, and releases the Released Parties from, all claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use the prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, entry and acceptance of any prize constitutes the winner's consent to Sponsor's and its agents' use of winner's name, prize won, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor and/or Administrator, which are final and binding in all respects. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with law by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
10. Limitations of Liability: The prize is awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose), except that the prize will be subject to its manufacturer's standard warranty (if any). The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, typographical or other errors in the printing of any Sweepstakes materials, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail or entries; (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize; or (7) any damage to an entrant's, or any other person's, computer system which is occasioned by participating in the Sweepstakes. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. If the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
13. Winner List; Rules Request: For a winner list, visit http://bit.ly/IS9s1S. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Whitney Tyner at 1301 Second Avenue, Floor 31, Seattle, WA 98191, Attn: Zillow, Inc. "New Space, New Style Sweepstakes" Rules Request. Residents of VT may omit return postage.
© 2012 ePrize, LLC. All rights reserved.