San Francisco Real Estate
San Francisco has been described as a "bubble-proof" investment market. Values have soared and, at worst, stabilized.
Pros of San Francisco for property purchase:
- Buildings with unique character and architectural significance
- Incredible climate
- Stable and/or consistently increasing property values
Cons of San Francisco for property purchase:
- Rent Control ordinance in place, which creates a minefield for income property buyers
- Strict planning department
- Restrictions on condo conversion and development
- High price per square foot
- Last edited November 10 2008
We will review this content. Thanks for helping make the site more useful to everyone. To learn more, read Zillow's Good Neighbor Policy.
Contributors to this article include:
- 427 Contributions