Seller Benefits for Rent To Own Homes
Seller Benefits of a Rent To Own
- Guaranteed Revenue Stream. Not only do you have a strong tenant with an equity stake in the home, you may also require a non-refundable upfront down payment.
- Long-Term Renter. Each Rent To Own home is placed on a one to five year lease with a purchase option, minimizing vacancies for sellers.
- Equity Value Accretion. As a seller, your mortgage will continue to be paid down and your equity will continue to grow.
- Motivated Renters. Each tenant has a large equity stake in the home you are selling; a long-term renter would presumably take better care of the home with an expectation to later purchase the property from you.
- No Traditional Real Estate Transaction Fees. Sellers typically pay expensive real estate fees when selling their home, however most of the time these fees can be avoided in a Rent To Own transaction allowing you to retain a larger portion of the value for your property.
- Inexpensive Annual Advertising Fee. iRentToOwn.com allows you to list your home at a minimal fee; each advertisement remains on the site for a year or until the home is sold, whichever comes first.
- Advertisement Flexibility. You will have the ability (with a nominal fee) to change your advertisement at will for the entire year that your advertisement is active.
- No Time Gap Between Renters. If you already have tenants in place, the annual ad method will allow you to line up a buyer months in advance.
- Referral Programs. Referral programs in place to decrease your iRentToOwn.com advertising fees for future homes.
- Purchase Price Lock. You agree to sell the home at a set price, allowing you to build in price escalation expectations for your home.
- Tax Benefits. Avoid short-term capital gains tax by holding on to properties longer than a year and selling them at a fixed price.
- Non-Refundable Monies. If your buyer should fail to retain a mortgage loan or decide not to execute the purchase option at the end of the lease term, the seller retains the deposit, rent, and all accumulated equity.
- Flag content
Stating a discriminatory preference in an advertisement for housing is illegal. If you think this content is discriminatory or otherwise inappropriate and feel it should be removed from Zillow, please let us know by completing the information above.Close
- Content flagged
We will review this content. Thanks for helping make the site more useful to everyone. To learn more, read Zillow's Good Neighbor Policy.
- We're Sorry
- This service is temporarily unavailable. Please come back later and try again.