Spring Home Maintenance Checklist
Routine maintenance can improve your home's resale value, increase the efficiency of your home and appliances, and reduce costs associated with emergency repairs. Keep your home safe and efficient year-round with these few simple projects!
Spring Home Maintenance Projects
- Install surge protectors on your appliances, electronic equipment and computers. Power surges caused by spring storms can cause big problems for your appliances.
- Inspect your roof to spot loose shingles and worn or warping areas. By fixing roof flaws early, you can avoid costly repairs to your home's interior. Tip: Check the south end of your roof first; it is the first to show wear.
- Change batteries on smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors at least every six months. Tip: Use daylight savings time as your guide.
- Call in an expert to inspect your cooling systems, clean ducts, and change filters. A properly running system improves efficiency and ensures your home stays cool. Tip: Consider adding ceiling fans to assist with your cooling needs. They are a proven way to save money on your electric bills.
- Last edited October 12 2012
We will review this content. Thanks for helping make the site more useful to everyone. To learn more, read Zillow's Good Neighbor Policy.
Contributors to this article include:
- 427 Contributions