Tax Deductible Moving Expenses
Many of the expenses connected with moving may be tax deductible, if the move is job related. Some of these include:
- The cost of moving your household goods.
- Expenses incurred while house-hunting.
- Travel expenses during the move for you and your family.
- The cost of meals and temporary lodging for up to 30 days after you get the new job.
- The expenses, of selling your house and buying a new one.
To substantiate your claim, keep an accurate, detailed account of your moving expenses, including all receipts.
By Diane Tuman
- Last edited October 12 2012
We will review this content. Thanks for helping make the site more useful to everyone. To learn more, read Zillow's Good Neighbor Policy.
Contributors to this article include:
- 427 Contributions