Tax Deductible Moving Expenses
Many of the expenses connected with moving may be tax deductible, if the move is job related. Some of these include:
- The cost of moving your household goods.
- Expenses incurred while house-hunting.
- Travel expenses during the move for you and your family.
- The cost of meals and temporary lodging for up to 30 days after you get the new job.
- The expenses, of selling your house and buying a new one.
To substantiate your claim, keep an accurate, detailed account of your moving expenses, including all receipts.
By Diane Tuman
- Last edited October 12 2012
We will review this content. Thanks for helping make the site more useful to everyone. To learn more, read Zillow's Good Neighbor Policy.