Top Ten Reasons to work with a Realtor
Top Ten Reasons to Work with a Realtor
- Realtors lower your risk. When you are represented by a Realtor, your agent can help assure that you are buying a home that is safe, sound and priced fairly according to the current market.
- Realtors understand the current market. Realtors have valuable experience that cannot be learned overnight or "on the fly". As experts in their market or neighborhood, they can assist you with home buying strategies and proposals that will land you the right house at the best price and terms.
- Realtors understand the complexity of a real estate transaction. Realtors work with contracts on a daily basis. They can help you understand what you are signing and why. They are there to explain the process from offer to closing.
- Realtors keep the deal rolling and negotiate on your behalf. They not only facilitate the paperwork but they also orchestrate the buying and selling process and attend the required meetings and appointments throughout the transaction. They also negotiate terms that benefit their clients far beyond the purchase price.
- Realtors work for the Buyer at little or no cost. It is in their best interest to work quickly, diligently and to utilize all the resources available to help their clients meet their needs.
- Realtors know what to look for in a home. They can help you determine whether a home is a smart investment or how the value compares to similar homes.
- Realtors have access to new construction and resell listings. The MLS gives them access to the most recent information regarding home sales and newly listed properties. They also have access to databases of new communities and new construction.
- Realtors can point you in the right direction when it comes to other professionals. They can recommend home inspectors, home appraisers, pest inspectors, contractors, mortgage professionals, etc.
- Realtors provide an objective point of view. Since a home is an emotional process, it's easy for people to get lost in the moment. Having an objective third party that knows and understands your needs will help you keep focused on the goal.
- Realtors have done it before. Since most people buy and sell only a few homes in their lifetime, there's a good chance that laws and regulations change since their last transaction, not to mention the market changes as well. Realtors keep abreast of the changing laws, regulations and market trends and are more than willing to share that with you. Having a Realtor representing you can save you time, money and stress.
When the market was "red hot" a few years ago, people asked "Why should I work with a Realtor? I can save thousands by doing a For Sale By Owner (FSBO)." Back then, all you had to do was put a sign up and wait for the phone or doorbell to ring. Homes were on the market for days, not weeks, and multiple offers were normal. But my how the market has changed.
By Diane Tuman
- Flag content
Stating a discriminatory preference in an advertisement for housing is illegal. If you think this content is discriminatory or otherwise inappropriate and feel it should be removed from Zillow, please let us know by completing the information above.Close
- Content flagged
We will review this content. Thanks for helping make the site more useful to everyone. To learn more, read Zillow's Good Neighbor Policy.
- We're Sorry
- This service is temporarily unavailable. Please come back later and try again.